Position: Quantity Surveyor / Estimator.
Hours: Permanent Full Time
Due to favourable market conditions, we have a requirement for a Quantity Surveyor / Estimator, preferably with experience within the Construction sector.
The position consists of but not limited to, the following responsibilities;
- Produce quantities from drawings
- Preparation of cost plans and feasibility studies
- Produce pre tender estimates when required
- Assist in the Business Development process in producing information for PQQs and Tenders in relation to the project deliverable to the client and the project deliverable requirement to the business
- Tender document production: bills of quantities, scope of works and specifications
- Review tender returns and produce tender reports
- Attend site visits and Progress Meetings to review valuations
- Preparation of financial reports
- Understanding of period cost reporting and comparison with budget/forecast
- Review and agree variations with contractors and clients
- Produce final accounts
- Ensure prompt submission of invoices and applications for payment
- Produce contract documentation
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures
- Produce Instructions for contractors as necessary
- Take responsibility to manage jobs at any value
The successful candidate needs to meet the following criteria:
- A membership to a relevant professional body and/or working towards a relevant professional qualification such as RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE
- Has at least 5 years Quantity Surveyor / Estimator experience
- Holds a valid CSCS card
- Holds a full drivers licence
- Is proficient in administration, writing, numeracy, IT and MS Office
- Has proven ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Has enthusiasm and results focus, together with an ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Is prepared to travel and work out of hours if and when required
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a Covering Letter to:
The appointment is also dependant on suitable references.
Stamford Contracts Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.